UpdatedMonday June 24, 2019 byJoe Camarda.
Rocky Point Youth Soccer Club FAQ’s
- What is the cost of the intramural uniform?
Intramural uniforms are a reversible jersey. Jerseys are sold for $35.00 at Port Jefferson Sports.
- What is the cost of a travel uniform?
- The cost is $80.00
- What are the uniform colors?
- Intramural Programs: The reversible jersey colors are White and Navy with Navy shorts and Navy socks. - Travel Program: One jersey color is White, the second jersey is Navy, the shorts are Navy and socks are Navy.
- Where and when can uniforms be purchased?
- What days and times do the different age groups play?
- All Intramural games are played on Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:00pm.
- All travel games are played on Saturday or Sunday. The times are vary each week.
- When do we find out what team we are on and when we have practice?
Intramural Teams - After registration has closed, the coaches for each age group will be contacted. The number of coaches needed depends on the number of kids that register. Once we have enough volunteers to coach, the teams are formed. Typically, that happens in mid August for the fall season and mid February for the spring season. Teams will practice one day a week with a soccer trainer that is hired by the RPYSC.
Travel Teams - All travel teams hold a tryout every year at the end of the spring season. All travel coaches pick their players after the tryouts. If your child makes a travel team the coach will notify you after tryouts.
- If I want to volunteer to coach or be an assistant coach, how do I go about that?
When registering your child there is a field for indicating which volunteer role you are interested in. If further instruction is required, there is a comments section where you can elaborate. All coaches are required to have a USSF “F” Coaching License. If you do not have a license you can complete the course within your first year of coaching.
- Where are the fields and field layouts?
You can visit the website to get all of the information regarding our facility. All games for intramurals are played at the Frank J. Carasiti Elementary School. Home games for Travel Teams and Pre-Travel teams are also played at Frank J. Carasiti Elementary School and Joseph A. Edgar School.
- How much does it cost to register?
RPYSC Soccer Programs:
- Groundhogs - is $50.00 per player for each soccer season. It would be $100.00 for both Fall and Spring seasons.
- Little Eagles - is $95.00 per player for each soccer season. It would be $190.00 for both Fall and Spring seasons.
- Intramurals - (1st through 6th Grade) is $95.00 per player for each soccer season. It would be $190.00 for both Fall and Spring seasons.
- Pre-Travel - (U7’s and U8’s) is $140.00 per player for each soccer season. It would be $250.00 for both Fall and Spring seasons.
- Travel - is $240.00 per player for each soccer season. It would be $440.00 for both Fall and Spring seasons.